Time is money, so why waste it updating your products manually? Repricer's Imports tool allows you to quickly and easily set your Repricing Rules, Min and Max Prices in bulk, as well as see additional product information in an export. In this article, we'll look into Repricer's Import feature and how you can use it to help your business. Let's learn all about it!
Note: This article discusses the Amazon Bulk Imports process, to learn about the eBay process, click here.
Downloading Your Products
In order to update your products with an import file, you first need to download your Product Template as a CSV file from Repricer. This will include your products and a number of columns, allowing you to make the changes that you desire. You can download different Templates from Repricer to reduce the number of fields available in your file. Learn about the different Imports available here.
Follow the steps below to download a file with your entire Amazon Inventory.
- Check the sidebar on the left of your screen
- Click Imports
- Ensure you're on the Amazon Imports tab
- On the right-hand side, choose your desired template. Learn more about the different templates available here.
- Click Download Amazon Template
Note: For Repricer Extreme users with over 500,000 products, we will automatically split your products into files containing 500,000 products each.
You can also download a file for a smaller subset of products from the Product Screen. Use the product page’s filters to only show the products that you wish to include in your downloadable CSV template. Then click on Bulk Actions and select Download CSV Template.
Updating Your Products
When you have downloaded your CSV template, you can open and edit it utilizing any spreadsheet application, for example, Microsoft Excel, Numbers, Google Sheets, etc. You can learn about the different fields, and what each is here. To ensure that your template is processed without any errors, adhere to the following guidelines:
- Do not change the file format: always remember to save your file as a CSV.
- Don't forget to ensure that all the required columns are in the file (SKU, Marketplace, Merchant_ID, FBA).
- For products that you wish to update, you must ensure that all required fields are populated. If you don't want to update a specific product, you can remove that row from your file.
Uploading your CSV File
When you are happy with the changes that you have made, save your CSV and upload via Step 3 on your Imports Screen. You can simply drag and drop your CSV file onto the drop area or click on the drop area to choose a file from your computer.
You will see a green notification message if your upload was successful. You will see a red notification and details of the error if your upload was unsuccessful.
If you have any difficulties with your import, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team for assistance.
02 CSV Template Fields
Within this section, you will find details on the various fields within the CSV Import templates.
Firstly, there are two different versions of the CSV template, depending upon your subscription:
For Basic and Plus users
- For Ultimate and Extreme users
The reason for the two versions is that Ultimate and Extreme users have extra fields relating to these packs' additional features, such as cost-based repricing. You can find more details within the CSV Template Fields table below.
Types of Fields
Within both versions of the template, there are two types of fields: Required and Informative.
Required fields must be retained within the template and populated. Every single cell within a Required column must contain data.
Informational fields are included within the template to provide information to assist with editing other fields. These fields do not need to be populated and any changes to these fields will not be reflected within your Repricer account.
03 Template Fields for Basic and Plus users
There are two different types of Product Templates depending upon which Repricer plan you are on. The Basic/Plus template, and the Ultimate/Extreme template. Each template contains the following columns:
Basic/Plus Template: SKU, Marketplace, Merchant_ID, FBA, Product Title, ASIN, Price_Min, Price_Max, Repricer_Name, Estimated_Seller_Count, Lowest_Landed_Price, My_Price, My_Shipping, Open_Date, Last_Sale, Quantity, Sales Rank
Ultimate/Extreme Template: SKU, Marketplace, Merchant_ID, FBA, Product Title, ASIN, Price_Min, Price_Max, Unit_Cost, Unit_Currency, Shipping_Cost, Shipping_Currency, Pickpack_Cost, Pickpack_Currency, RRP_Price, RRP_Currency, VAT_Rate, Fee_Listing, FBA_Fee, FBA_Currency, Repricer_Name, Estimated_Seller_Count, Lowest_Landed_Price, My_Price, My_Shipping, Open_Date, Last_Sale, Quantity, Sales Rank
04 Required Columns (all plans)
The following template columns are required in any upload when making a change to the template data. Deleting the header column row will make the Product Template invalid. The required columns are dependent upon which Repricer plan you are on.
Note: when uploading your changes, please make sure that your file is in a .CSV format.
sku: This is pre-populated with the SKU that you use on Amazon.
marketplace: The marketplace in which the product is sold (e.g. AUK is Amazon UK).
merchant_id: Your Amazon Merchant/Seller ID.
fba: The FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) status of each of your SKUs. This will be in a Y (yes) or N (no) format. Y means that the SKU is FBA, while N means that the SKU is not FBA. This is pre-populated from Amazon on the file.
05 Optional Columns
The following template columns are not required in any upload but if you do wish add data to these, you need to include the header.
- price_min: The minimum landed price (shipping included) that you are prepared to sell at. Enter this in the local currency for each marketplace. i.e. for Amazon UK, you would calculate your Min/Max prices in GB Pounds.
- price_max: The maximum landed price (shipping included) that you want to sell at. In the absence of any competition, this price will apply. Enter this in the local currency for each marketplace. i.e. for Amazon UK, you would calculate your Min/Max prices in GB Pounds.
- repricer_name: The name of the repricing rule that you wish to apply to this SKU. The names of your rules can be found in the Repricing Rules tab.
- sales_rule: The name of the Sales Rule that you wish to manually apply to this SKU. Please leave this field as Off if you wish to use your Rule Assigned Sales Rule.
Ultimate and Extreme user templates have additional cost-based required columns compared to Basic/Plus users. While all cost-based fields do not have to be filled in for the upload to be successful, the column headers must remain on the template file.
(Extreme and Ultimate only)
unit_cost: This is your product purchase price, excluding any additional fees (shipping, fulfilment, warehousing, etc.). This figure is needed to calculate your profits (see note below).
unit_currency: This is the currency used to purchase the product (i.e. USD, EUR, GBP, CAD). Conversion rates are automatically updated each day to preserve your margins (see note below).
shipping_cost: Cost of shipping the product to your customers. It is an optional field but you should enter a value here for accurate profit calculation.
shipping_currency: This is the currency used to ship the product (i.e. USD, EUR, GBP, CAD). Conversion rates are automatically updated each day to preserve your margins.
pickpack_cost: Pick and pack cost of each unit according to your own internal calculations. You can fill this in for a more accurate calculation of profit on each sale.
pickpack_currency: This is the currency used in relation to the pick and pack costs associated with the product (i.e. USD, EUR, GBP, CAD). Conversion rates are automatically updated each day to preserve your margins.
rrp_price: The Recommended Retail Price (RRP) of the product. This can be used if you would like to to set your maximum sale price according to the RRP.
rrp_currency: This is the currency used in relation to the RRP of the product (i.e. USD, EUR, GBP, CAD). Conversion rates are automatically updated each day to preserve your margins.
vat_rate: The rate of Value Added Tax to apply (a number between 0 and 100). This is usually set to zero outside Europe.
fee_listing: Amazon's listing fee for this SKU (e.g. use 15 for 15% listing fee).
fba_fee: Amazon's FBA fee for fulfillment. Only required for FBA-type SKU. Note that Amazon's actual charge will be used instead when available. This can take up to 24 hours after the product is initially listed.
fba_currency: This is the currency used in relation to the FBA fees paid on the product (i.e. USD, EUR, GBP, CAD). Conversion rates are automatically updated each day to preserve your margins.
Note: If the Unit_cost field is used then the Unit_currency field becomes mandatory.
05 Informative Columns
The following columns are for informational purposes and are not required when uploading the Product Import template file. Changes to these fields will not be pushed onto Repricer.
- title: The Title of your product on Amazon
- asin: The ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) of the SKU.
- estimated_seller_count: The estimated number of competitor sellers on this product.
- lowest_landed_price: The estimated lowest landed price (shipping price included) that this product is currently selling for on Amazon.
- my_price: The current price that your product is selling for on Amazon.
- my_shipping: The current shipping price to your customers that you have inputted into your Amazon Seller Central account. If this amount is 0, then free shipping has been offered.
- buy_box_price: The last recorded Buy Box Price for your product on Amazon
- buy_box_winner: The last recorded Buy Box Winner for your product on Amazon
- open_date: The date that the SKU was first listed on Amazon.
- last_sale: The date that the last sale of the SKU occurred.
- quantity: The amount of this product that you currently have inputted within your Seller Central account. The quantity value field will only change the values shown on Repricer. They will not manipulate the live information on your seller central account
- last_sales_rank: The last recorded Sales Rank for your product on Amazon
Further ReadingIf you want to learn more about the advanced filtering options in Repricer, click here.
Interested in finding out more about saving time with bulk actions in Repricer? Click here.